Hoover Dam, Colorado River Hot Springs
It should be mentioned that there are about three undeveloped
hot springs located in the Hoover Dam area, on the Colorado River. The
springs are actually over the Arizona border, in the Willow Beach area,
but are within a two hour drive from Las Vegas. These springs are accessible
by primarily by boat (land routes are difficult). You can rent boats
and some places will provide a map of the hot springs route.
The springs are: Arizona (Ringbolt) Hot Springs, this
is the only spring that is accessible by hiking. Gold Strike Hot Springs,
and Boy Scout Hot Springs, there are also sauna caves.
Map showing Hoover Dam Hot
For more information, here are some links:
- A Journey in Geological Time - Travel Blog by Howard Goldbaum
- Check out this well-done website! It has excellent
photos, descriptions and Quicktime animations of numerous remote and
rustic hot springs in Nevada!
River HS Info page
- Willow Beach Information on Hot Springs on the Colorado
River. This site also has boat rental and lodging information, and
Public lands Organization Site
- This site contains information on the following
Nevada hot springs:
- Ash Springs - A warm spring for swimming,
located in Ash Springs Wildlife Area.
- Hot Creek - A hot spring with campground
nearby, located in the Kirch Wildlife Management area.